This is one of our client in Ghana and he already has a soyabean oil extraction line of 25 tons per day, including 1PC Cleaning sieve, 1PC steam cooker, 1PC crusher, 3PC oil press and 1PC filter. This time, he ordered a set of 5TPD small scale plant of soyabean oil refinery for refining the crude oil. The small plant is designed based on batch refining process, including neutralization, degumming, decoloration, filtering and deodorization. (Related Project: 10tpd oil pressing and 3tpd refining plant in uganda)
Batch Plant of Soyabean Oil Refinery
There are several main types of soya oil refinery ways. One of them is the batch oil refinery which is effectively suited for many animal and vegetable oils. Some examples are fish oil, seal oil, rice bran oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, palm oil, Niger seeds oil, rape seeds oil, peanuts oil and soyabean oil. Batch oil refinery plant is best for 1~20 TPD small scale oil production line. lt is divided into four sections namely: degumming, neutralizing, decolorization and deodorization. Since it is best suited for small output, it is oftenly referred to as small edible oil refinery unit.
Why Choose Batch Type Small Plant of Refinery?
- Diverse Application: Batch oil refinery plant is best suited for many animal and vegetable oils such as peanut, coconut oil, fish oil and seal oil which diversifies its application
- Less Investment: This type of a plant needs less capital to run and it helps reduce the time required to recover the cost incurred in the plant. There less investment is incurred eventually
- Minimal Land Requirements: Most of the times land becomes a nightmare when starting a complete plant of soyabean oil refinery but for this batch oil refinery plant there is no land headache since it requires only a small size of land for the start. Note that even a 50m2 metre plot is adequate for starting this plant
- Ease of Operation: For someone to work in this plant, they don't need any special and professional training. Only a bit of training and they will be working like experienced workmen since the machines used in this plant are user friendly.
4 Sections of Batch Soyabean Oil Refinery
- Degumming section: Impurities such as gum, phospholipid and protein are dissolved into oil in the absence of water but if there is water in oil, these impurities easily dissolve onto the water. Therefore, in this section, hot water is used to wash crude oil to eliminate these impurities for a range of two to three times.
- Neutralizing section: Free fatty acid which is hazardous to our lives is found in crude oil. lt reacts with caustic soda. ln this reaction, saponification occurs and free fatty acid becomes a soapy stock which is pumped out as sediments. This process removes most of the free fatty acid.
- Decolorization section: The deep colour of crude oil is a result of pigments such as carotene and xanthophyll. Bleaching earth is used to remove pigments due to its high adsorption capability. The oil is then pumped into a plate filter and the bleaching earth together with the pigments are filtered out. The oil becomes clean and crystal clear.
- Deodorizing section: Unlike pure oil, crude oil has different smell due various volatile substances. ln this section, steam is delivered into oil continuously where it is completely contacted with the oil at high pressure and temperatures to erode the volatile substances.
Facts of Refined Soyabean Oil
Soybean oil contains so many essential nutrients like vitamins A, D and E, calcium, linoleic acid, rich lecithin and iron. It also contains natural antioxidants. Antioxidants essentially eliminate and destroy potentially damaging oxidizing agents. Soybean oil is used in a wide variety of food products including snacks, bread, salad dressings, margarine and mayonnaise. (Related Article: 10TPD Soya / Peanut Oil Producing Plant in Togo)
Unrefined oils and fats have different amounts of impurities like mucins, phosphatides, dyes, free fatty acids, and other substances that determine their color and smell. Such impurities are not wanted in oils and fats used for food. These impurities are omitted in different stages of the traditional chemical refining process that involves neutralization, degumming, drying, washing, bleaching, deodorization, and filtration. Soybean seeds contain nutritional ingredients that are excellent for human health.