Project Name: Livestock & Poultry Feed Mill Plant
Production Output: 30,000 ton/year (5 ton/hour)
Plant Location: Domestic
This is a complete poultry feed mill plant located in domestic. The production output is 30000 tonnes per year, that is 5 ton per hour. This plant is designed for manufacturing feed for both livestock and poultry. (You may be also interested in our 2 ton per hour Poultry Feed Plant in Uganda)
Pictures of the Poultry Feed Mill Project
Electric Cabinet of the Animal Feed Mill Plant
The Advantages of Feed PelletsCompared with powder feed or mash feed, feed pellets produced by livestock & poultry feed mill plant has lots of advantages:
- Convenient for storage, packaging and transportation.
- High stability and not easily spoiled.
- Prevent the picky eaters, reduce feed waste.
- Increase feed density and feed intake.
Processing and Utilization of Roughage
Roughage is a type of feed in which the content of crude fiber in the feed dry matter is above 18%. Due to its high fiber content, large volume and difficulty in digestion, roughage feed has low nutritional value. Roughage feed includes hay, agricultural and sideline products (grains, shells, vines, vines, stalks, sorghum, etc.), leaves, and slag (bagasse, distilled grain). They have a wide variety of sources, large varieties, large production volumes, and low prices, and they are the main source of feed for grass-eating livestock.
- Wetting and Soaking: This process can not only softening the forage, but also can remove sediment, some tannins and abnormal odor, and can produce organic acids such as lactic acid, improve palatability and feed intake. Besides, it can also improve the nutritional value of roughage.
- Cutting and Crushing: Make it easy to stir, eat, and chew. The appropriate cutting length varies depending on the species and age of the animals. If too long, it is resultless. If too short, it is not good for chewing and rumination. Crushing can process hay and other roughage into various sizes of grass powder. The coarse fodder used by ruminants is generally not suitable for crushing. It is not only harmful to rumination, but also affects the digestibility of feed.
- Ammoniation: It helps improve the crude protein content of feed and can also improve the digestibility and palatability of organic matter in feed. For example, after the ammoniation of straw, the crude protein content can be increased by 5%~6%. And it soften the straw at the same time, so that to increase the palatability (the feed intake can be increased by 20%~25%).
- Fermentation: Degrade the crude fiber which is difficult to digest by animals, so that to improve the nutritional value of feed products.
- Pelletizing: During the pelletizing process, the function of mechanical force and steam treatment destroy the cell wall of the grain aleurone layer. As a result, the effective ingredients will be released from the aleurone layer and it is good for the absorption and utilization of livestock and poultry. Also, after processing into feed pellets, the crude fiber content is reduced, the carbohydrate is partially cracked and the starch is gelatinized, thus improving the energy utilization of the feed. In addition, the efficiency of phosphorus and the utilization rate of certain nitrogen base acids can also be improved by pelletization.
If you are planning to set up your own feed processing factory, but don't konw how to start the business plan, don't hesitate to send us an inquiry and tell us your needs! Our engineers will help you make the best project plan with detailed equipment list and factory layout according to your specific situation, requirements and cost budget.